I'm putting this on here, mainly because others might be interested or need it, get bored, what have you. Anyway, what you will see in the following posts are scores from every game Powell Valley High School's football team has ever competed in. (I'm missing around 5-6 games ever, all from the 1999 season. I know the outcome of each game but my memory doesn't recall a score). Maybe someone can sticky this or put it into an excel file and make it look nice. I just feel it needs to be online somewhere with Jim not having updated his stuff since 1998 maybe this can serve as a reference material. If anybody can help with 1999 please chime in. Finally, if you want any other information about PV Football (in terms of all district, region, state, etc) chances are I have it saved on this computer somewhere.
Stat worthy notes:
Powell Valley High School has never fielded a winless football team.
8 State Titles are more than any single A school in the state.
Powell Valley has won 16 LPD Titles, more than any other school. 16 is also more than JJ Kelly, Pound, Coeburn, and John I Burton have combined.
The Vikings have posted 11 Region D Titles, more than any other school in the Region.
In the first 49 seasons of Viking football, PV has posted 392 wins. That gives PV an average of 8 wins per season. Many may say this number is inflated with playoffs wins. Howver, PV did not play more than 10 games in one season until 1982.
In the playoffs PV has a record of 46-17, meaning the Vikings have won 73% of the playoff games they have competed in.
Powell Valley has posted 6 undefeated seasons and no current LPD team is anywhere close to having a winning record over Powell Valley.





Bookmarks